MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
No: 749 /QĐ-VKH
SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, 17 June 2013
Functions, responsibilities and organizational structure
of the Institute on State Organizational Sciences
MINISTER OF THE MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
Pursuant to the Law on Science and Technology dated 09 June 2000;
Pursuant to the Decree No.36/2012/ND-CP date 18 April 2012 by the Government stipulating functions, responsibilities, authority and organizational structure of Ministries and Ministerial-level agencies;
Pursuant to the Decree No.61/2012/ND-CP dated 10 August 2008 by the Government stipulating functions, responsibilities and organizational structure of the Ministry of Home Affairs;
Pursuant to the Decree No.115/2005/ND-CP dated 05 September 2005 by the Government stipulating the mechanism of autonomy and self-responsibilities of public professional scientific organizations;
At the proposal of the President of the Institute on State Organizational Sciences and Director General of Department of Organization and Personnel,
Article 1. Position and functions
1. The Institute on State Organizational Sciences is the scientific public professional institution serves in state management under the Ministry of Home Affairs; being the leading scientific research institute in organizational sciences and state organization; being the focal point in managing scientific and technological activities of the Ministry of Home Affairs in relation with the Ministry of Science and Technology.
2. The Institute on State Organizational Sciences functions fundamental research activities; strategic research and policy studies to serve state management; it assists the Minister in management, arrangements in implementing scientific researching plan and applying scientific researching outcomes into state management field of the Ministry of Home Affairs; and performs public services as legally stipulated.
3. The Institute on State Organizational Sciences owns a legal personality, a seal and a private account; be autonomic and self-responsible for its study missions in scientific research, training, organizational structure, staffing, finance, international cooperation; be the financial planning unit of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
4. The international transaction name of the Institute on State Organizational Sciences is: Institute on State Organizational Sciences - INSOS, and it’s headquarter is located in Hanoi City.
Article 2. Responsibilities and authority
1. Conduct fundamental researching activities on organization science and state organization.
2. Conduct research and develop strategies, policies, regimes, and other issues to serve the state management function of the Ministry:
a) Study on scientific basis to establish and complete the institutional system of organizational structure, human resource and the operation of the state administrative apparatus at central level and local levels;
b) Study on scientific basis on organizational structure and operational mechanism of the state administrative apparatus from central level to local level; functions, responsibilities, organizational structure and managerial model of state on public services, associations, non-governmental organizations (civil society) and economic organizations.
c) Study on scientific basis scientific basis on staff management and development for cadres, civil servants, public employees and civil service;
d) Research on arguments, solutions and models for serving the State administrative reform;
đ) Study theoretical and practical issues on scientific organization of laboring in state administrative agencies;
e) Develop projects, schemes and the statutory documents in the state management function of the Ministry as assigned by the Minister;
g) Conduct researching on primary issues in the organization perspective of urban governments and local governments
h) Studies on rights and obligations of cadres, civil servants, public employees; communication culture and the ethics of cadres, civil servants, public employees in civil service and professional career activities.
3. Applied research:
a) Study to bring researching outcomes of the accredited scientific topics, programs and projects into practical applications in performing political duties and practical requirements of the Ministry and requirements of the interior sector.
b) Study to bring modern scientific and technological achievements into working practices of the Ministry and interior sector, including informatics software serving entry examination, upgrading examinations and management of cadres, civil servants and public employees.
4. Perform the duties of focal point in scientific and technological studies management activities of the Ministry of Home Affairs:
a) Assist the Minister in conducting scientific researching missions of the Ministry;
b) Be the Standing unit of the Ministry’s Scientific Council;
c) Develop scientific development strategies and plans of the sector;
d) Develop long-term plans and annual plans of the Ministry; arrange implementation and control scientific research activities;
đ) Hold periodically final reviews and preliminary reviews on scientific researching activities to support to execute duties of the Ministry and of the sector.
5. Public service implementation
a) Sign contracts and open re-training classes on professional expertise, skills, research methods for cadres, civil servants and public employees and other training and re-training courses in accordance with the scientific researching programs, projects and topics chaired by the Institute;
b) Contract the designs of test-questions for examinations of civil servants and public employees, the designs of textbooks and training curriculum for training courses and specialized professional training programs for cadres, civil servants and public employees;
c) Perform other public services in accordance with laws.
6. Provide post-graduate training on the major of organization science and state organization; exercise human resource management in association with scientific research as stipulated by laws.
7. Cooperation in scientific research:
a) Make international cooperation in scientific research activities in the areas under state management scope of the Ministry in accordance with laws;
b) Cooperate in scientific research activities and exchange experiences in conducting scientific research with the agencies and units, with other scientific research institutes and training and re-training institution inside the country on issues concerning the Ministry’s state management fields;
c) Collaborate with the agencies and units of the Ministry, and agencies and units in interior sector to implement and organize to apply researching outcomes into practical operation of the Ministry and of the sector;
d) Organize or co-organized workshops, conferences, scientific seminars in country and abroad concerning the Ministry’s state management field of the Ministry.
8. Arrange and manage the scientific information – documentary and the Institute’s scientific library.
a) Establish, manage and serve the exploitation, utilization of scientific information and database for the purpose of scientific research and state management of the Ministry;
b) Publish informative publications, scientific materials, and organize to release newsletters on scientific research activities of the Institute, and of the Ministry; execute dissemination, advocacy, and application of scientific research outcomes into solving practical duties of the Ministry;
c) Make co-operation, and correspondences of scientific information and materials with domestic and foreign agencies as prescribed by law;
d) Manage and sustain the operation of the Institute’s scientific library; propose to bring informatics and technological achievements into applications for better performance efficiencies of the library.
9. Organize the edit and release of the monthly Public Administration Reform Newsletters and the weekly Newspaper Reviews to serve to provide updated news to the Ministry’s leaders.
10. Organize the edit and release of the Journal of Scientific Studies of the Institute.
11. Manage the staff of civil servants, public employees and laborers, finance and assets of the Institution in accordance with the State regulations prescribed on the autonomous and self-responsible mechanism of the public scientific and technological organizations.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Minister.
13. In order to perform the assigned tasks, the Institute has the powers to:
a) Organize and operate according to the autonomous, self-responsible mechanism stipulated by law for the public scientific organizations conducting baseline research and research on strategies, policies to serve state management;
b) Participate in the workshops organized by the Ministry that concerned;
c) Request the Departments (Committees) of Organization and Personnel of Ministries at the central level, the provincial Departments of Home Affairs of the provinces/cities directly under the Central’s control to cooperate and provide information on the state management scope covered by the Ministry for the sake of researching activities;
d) Chair or participate in development of national projects and the international-funded projects in the state management scope of the Ministry.
Article 3. Organizational structure and operational mode
1. The Institute comprises of the following sub-units:
a) Division of Organizational Studies;
b) Division of Cadre and Civil Servant Management Studies;
c) Division of Public Employee Management Studies;
d) Division of Studies on Remuneration, Public policies & Regime;
đ) Division of Scientific Study Management;
e) Division of General Administration;
g) Division of Planning & Finance;
h) Centre for Association, Non-governmental Organization Studies and Training;
i) Centre for Information and Scientific Library;
k) Journal of Civil Service and Organization.
2. Operational mechanism:
a) The Institute on State Organizational Sciences operates under the leader-central mode. The Institute has a President and Deputy Presidents. The President heads the Institute and takes fully accountabilities to the Minister and the law for the whole operation of the Institute.
The President is appointed by the Minister; Deputy Presidents are appointed by the Minister at the request of the President.
b) Powers and responsibilities of the President:
-Regulate functions, responsibilities, authorities, organization and make decision over establishment, amalgamation, dissolution of sub-units of the Institute;
-Submit requests to the Minister for appointment, re-appointment, resignation, dismissal of the Deputy Presidents;
-Make decision on the appointment, re-appointment, resignation, dismissal of the director of sub-units of the Institute;
-Organize recruitment, enter working contracts, laboring contracts, lump-sum assignment contracts with civil servants, public employees and laborers of the Institute and service rental contracts for outsourcing the work unnecessarily be arranged with regular payroll;
-Determine the allocation, distribution, circulation and exploitation of cadres, civil servants and public employees upon the work demands and in line with the capacity, professional level; determine recognition and rewards, disciplinary measures for cadres, civil servants and public employees according to empowerment by the Minister of the Ministry of Home Affairs and under the provisions of law;
-Make decisions over receipt, assignment, secondment, retirement, resignation or contract termination for cadres, civil servants and public employees of the Institute in accordance with law;
-Make decisions over arrangements of remuneration for cadres, civil servants and public employees recruited to work at the Institute; regular salary upgrading, unscheduled salary upgrading; appointing personnel into the civil servant category or public employee rank; transfers in civil servant categories or public employee ranks eligible at and lower than senior researcher rank and equivalent according to empowerment by the Minister of the Ministry of Home Affairs and under the provisions of law;
- Make decisions on dispatching cadres, civil servants, public employees of the Institute to go on business, study, research abroad in according to empowerment by the Minister of the Ministry of Home Affairs and under the provisions of law;
- Issue, amend, and supplement: Working Regulation; Internal spending regulation; Rewarding and disciplinary rules; Democratic regulation and other regulations in the operation of the Institute;
-The President is the representative of the Institute on State Organizational Sciences in relations with the organizations and individuals in country and abroad in accordance with law; concurrently be the person in charge of the publication of the Public Administration Reform Newsletter of the Institute.
c) The Deputy President performs the tasks assigned or delegated by the President and shall be accountable to the President on the tasks.
d) Execution of autonomy and self-responsibilities under the provisions of the law:
- Define the task of research and research implementation mechanism: decide on executive measures of the annual scientific research tasks assigned by the Ministry, guarantee quality and work progress as required by the Ministry; determine the participation in selection, bidding to implement scientific and technological missions, signing contracts to supply public service the scientific and technological missions with other organizations and individuals in-country; being autonomous and self-responsible for the arrangement and execution of tasks under the contract concluded.
- Decide the forms of collaboration, research, technology transfer, exchanges of information with other organizations or individuals in foreign countries; be authorized to directly invite experts, foreign scientists to work, and exchange of experiences, participate in the management and chairing the scientific and technological missions of the Institute.
- Manage and use of funds, financial sources in allocated mode and according to the internal spending regulations of the Institute; establish the Career Development Fund, the Stability Reserving Fund, Fund for Recognition and Rewards and the Welfare Fund.
- Decide to organize recruitment, use of human resources and implement policies and regimes for cadres, civil servants, public employees; contract laborers and collaborators of the Institute.
d) The Institute organizes a Scientific Council to advise the President. Members of the Institute Scientific Council are determined by the President. The Scientific Council of the Institute operates under the regulations issued by the President.
Article 4. Implementation effects and responsibility
1. This decision takes its fully effects from the date of signing
Abolish the following decisions: Decision No.1501/QD-BNV dated December 2, 2008 by the Minister of Ministry of Home Affairs stipulating functions, responsibilities, authorities and organization of the Institute on State Organizational Sciences; Decision No.1326/QD-BNV dated November 19, 2010 by the Minister of the Ministry of Home Affairs promulgated on the establishment of the Division of Salary and public policies for cadres, civil servants and governmental of the Institute on State Organizational Sciences; Decision No.1328/QD-BNV dated November 19, 2010 by the Minister of the Ministry of Home Affairs on renaming the Centre for Civil Society Studies and Training under direct control of the Institute on State Organizational Sciences into the Centre for Social Organizational Studies and Training and Retraining.
2. The Chairman of the Office of the Ministry, the Director General of the Department of Organization and Personnel, the President of the Institute on State Organizational Sciences, the Heads and cadres, civil servants, public employees of units in the Ministry are responsible for the implementation of this decision ./.
- As in Article 4;
- Minister (for reporting);
- Vice Ministers;
- MOST (for updating);
- Archived: Clerical, ISOS, Department of Organization & Personnel.
Tran Anh Tuan
(Decision No. 749/QĐ-BNV dated June 17, 2013)